Job Title: Events Coordinator
Employment Type: 3 month contract
Employment Category: Full time
Remuneration: $64,347.50 - $72,113.58 + superannuation
About the Organisation
The Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (AHCWA) is the peak body for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) in Western Australia. We exist to support and act on behalf of our 23 Member ACCHSs throughout WA, actively responding to the individual and collective needs of our Members.
Governed by an Aboriginal Board of Directors who represent all regions in Western Australia, AHCWA aims to promote and strengthen the ACCHSs’ model of care; a model that is built around the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and culturally secure primary health care services.
AHCWA is a community organisation that focusses on making a difference to the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people. We work together as a team; to respect and understand the social and cultural needs; to network; to provide support; to advocate; to influence policy; to monitor performance; and to build work capacity to help improve and strengthen the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal people and their communities.
AHCWA is centrally located on the bustling and vibrant Beaufort Street café strip, and offers a flexible and family friendly workplace with a wide range of benefits to suit prospective employees.
AHCWA is also home to a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provides access to a number of training programs and short courses to enhance the capacity of the ACCHS workforce.
To view the full Position Description and Selection Criteria, visit our website at www.ahcwa.org.au
About the Opportunity
The Events Coordinator will report to, and is directly accountable to, the Executive Manager Health, Corporate & Business Development and is responsible for planning and coordinating the 2020 State Sector Conference and Members Planning Day. The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Management Team and Conference Committee to ensure that the event is well planned and executed to meet the needs of our Members and stakeholders.
The occupant of this position will be expected to comply with and demonstrate a positive commitment to the highest level of achievement in Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health & Safety, Code of Conduct, Quality Improvement, Performance Management, Client Focus and Confidentiality throughout the course of their duties. To view the full Position Description and Selection Criteria, visit www.ahcwa.org.au/employment
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and planning large-scale events such as conferences and workshops, ideally for a community organisation (200+ participants).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively plan, organise and coordinate own workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and external visitors, managers and employees at all levels and present a professional image.
- Highly developed written communication skills including the ability to write clearly and concisely, prepare written reports and manage the output of quality information.
- Ability to multi-task, and maintain composure under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package Software including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience and proficiency using EventsAir software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- A current Western Australian driver’s license and willingness to drive is essential.
- Some work out of normal hours of duty may be required.
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) prior to appointment, in order to be eligible for the position.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with relevant visa.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $64,347.50 - $72,113.58 per annum pro rata plus superannuation. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements and a family friendly work environment
- Bring Your Dog To Work Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
Please note there is no closing date for this advertisement. Applications will be assessed as received and interviews scheduled accordingly. AHCWA reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement without further notice, therefore we encourage interested candidates to submit their application without delay.
All submissions must be received by the nominated closing date. In fairness to all applicants, late applications cannot be considered unless prior consent has been received under restricted circumstances.
For further information about this position please call Caroline McHugh, Human Resources Officer on 08 9227 1631.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) AHCWA actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.