Therapy Assistant - Amherst
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Located within the heart of Canning Vale, Aegis Amherst caters for up to 133 residents. Providing high quality care services in a secure and friendly living environment, this newly purpose-built Facility supports our residents’ every need and enables choice in daily activities.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Therapy Assistants to join the Amherst team. The successful applicants will be enthusiastic and self-driven with experience with Dementia residents. We have both Part-time and Casual positions available.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A genuine interest in working with older people.
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
- Have experience in a Activity Planning (desirable).
- Experience in aged care (Dementia specific).
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.