Communications Partner - Capital Works
- Opportunity to join a forward thinking and agile team.
- Plan, develop and deliver strategic online, digital and social media communications.
- Clear, concise and high standard of writing skills is what we need.
- Permanent Full-time role - 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working with optional 9-day fortnight.
Located 160km north of Sydney, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city, and offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
Our City is thriving and rapidly transforming. In recent years Newcastle has experienced a significant increase in development activity, with the 2018-19 Financial Year seeing building approvals top $1.55 billion.
Having just relocated to our exciting new work premises at 12 Stewart Avenue, our new environment creates a great opportunity to further align our people with our organisational vision, values and strategic directions, and leverage the great work CN is already undertaking to support cultural improvement.
CN has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and driven Communications professional to join our Major Events & Corporate Affairs Service Unit.
Your experience will assist you to develop, manage and implement effective and timely communications strategies to support the delivery of the City’s multi-million-dollar capital works program.
You will provide and deliver strategic online, printed and social media communications in order to build awareness of projects and build an understanding of the benefits they deliver for the community.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include a range of flexible working options, professional development opportunities and health and well-being programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Advanced level experience in developing communications plans and writing and editing for traditional and digital communications channels.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders, i.e. government agencies, suppliers, customers and staff.
- Substantial experience in the management of critical issues, development and implementation of proactive communications strategies.
- A high level of written and verbal communications skills including the ability to write plain English content for a range of media.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communications plans with customers.
- Ability to think creatively in a high-pressure environment while managing and prioritizing competing activities and deadlines.
- Project management skills including the ability to develop concepts, campaign strategies and budget management to deliver agreed results.
- Advanced skills in relevant Office software packages.
- Be willing and able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment with the flexibility to work outside regular business hours during the evening and on weekends.
- Current C Class drivers’ licence.
- Experience working on major infrastructure projects is highly desirable.
- Experience in video production.
- Ability to gain and sustain confidence of people at all levels internally and externally.
- Understanding of the principles of corporate branding and its implementation using a strategic approach in a large organisation.
- Experience working in political / government environments.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Thursday, 30 January 2020.
Remuneration: $86,678 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Nick Kaiser, Media and Stakeholder Relations Manager, 0411 485 204.