IT Support Technician
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Join an expanding and innovative team
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Competitive remuneration
- Full Time
- Located close to the CBD in Flemington (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. With annual revenue of $55 million, we employ over 600 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Our Head Office is the corporate centre for the company and provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing and community care services.
Your new role
Due to organisation growth, we are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to join and tightknit IT Team as a Full Time IT Support Technician. In this busy and dynamic role, you will ensure the continued delivery of IT services to all users across our network. You will be the first point of call for staff needing IT support and have the ability to provide advice and operational support to users.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all helpdesk requests are attended to in a reasonable time-frame, seeking assistance from team members or external vendors as required
- Co-ordinate, write and maintain system documentation to ensure our IT system is kept up to date
- Utilise problem solving techniques to research issues and find the best practice solutions to successfully satisfy user requirements
- Assist and participate in IT Projects
- Consider continuous improvement opportunities with all requests and empower users to reduce the reliance on the IT team and utilise available systems more effectively.
- Manage all end user equipment upgrades recommending new solutions and new technologies as needed.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and travel is sometimes required, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Current driver’s licence & own reliable vehicle (travel to sites is sometimes required)
- First and second level end user support experience in a Microsoft environment
- Ability to liaise with staff at every level of the organisation
- Excellent problem solving aptitude & ability to think on your feet.
- Previous experience providing user support for desktop PC’s, printers, phones, and Active Directory
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm Wednesday 18th December 2019
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”