- Fantastic entry-level opportunity in Retail Buying
- Work with a well-known, growing international brand
- Fast-paced but relaxed, contemporary working environment
About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic British retailer focusing on news, books, and convenience, and is a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide. Our Australian operations, under which 7 brands currently operate, are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for an additional Buying Assistant to join the Head Office team and become a key part of the Commercial function.
About the Role:
Working across a range of interesting and diverse categories, supporting the team in all aspects of Buying, this is a great opportunity to grow your career, joining a department with a clearly defined path for advancement.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A strong administrator with some experience in the world of retail. You might even be a recent graduate with a passion for retail 'behind the scenes'.
- Confident in working with data - manipulation, analysis, and interpretation
- Sound ability in Excel
- Excellent numeracy
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Resilient and adaptable to a fast-paced and dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities
- Professional with a sense of fun and vibrancy
There is a real opportunity here to make a positive impact within the team, and, as we continue to grow, to play a part in building the company culture.
Interested? Apply (via this website only), specifying your salary expectations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.